Thursday, July 29, 2021

Moto2, the Gresini team doubles the victory

The 2020 season for the Gresini team starts at the “Enzo e Dino Ferrari” circuit in Imola, at least as far as the “minor” classes are concerned, namely Moto3, Moto2 and MotoE. And the team around Fausto Gresini will be present literally on all fronts this year, with a total of seven drivers and a title of the reigning champion, thanks to the first historic MotoE winner, Matteo Ferrari. The latter is one of the few confirmed in Moto3 since last season along with Gabriel Rodrigo, while the rest of the line-up is completely new. The new face in Moto3 is Jeremy Alcoba, while Nicolò Bulega and Edgar Pons are in Moto2 and Alessandro Zaccone in MotoE.

Who did not change was Fausto Gresini. He reaffirmed his commitment to the world championship and continues to be a reference point for the two-wheel motorsport world. “The theme for the next season is always the same: Try to stay in front as far as possible. Last year we had problems in Moto3 and Moto2, so this year we’re going to double our commitment because it looked like something was missing. Having two riders in Moto2 completes the project. We won MotoE with Ferrari and it was special. “

As for the drivers, they are the first to take the stage the guys from MotoE, starting with newbie Alessandro Zaccone. “I’m an ambitious guy and I really have a desire to do things. I want to work hard and learn and move forward as quickly as possible.” At his side is the electric world champion, Matteo Ferrari. “It’s a new challenge, even if we won last year. I want to prove myself again and this team is the best place to do it. My goal is to get on the podium in every race. Then we see the end result. I still haven’t fully realized that I’m a champion. “

Then there is Moto3, a category in which the team is based on both continuity and Gabriel Rodrigo and about innovation with Jeremy Alcoba, Champion last year in CEV Moto3. “The tests went well, but I want to take things easy,” bedroom started. “Also because I switched from KTM to Honda and I definitely have to work and study. “Rodrigo added:”I felt at home in the team last year, but the misfortune did not help me. Working with the team is easy and great. We started well and hope to continue on this path. “

The stylish end of the event was the Moto2, the most innovative category, with a motorcycle and two completely new drivers, namely Nicolò Bulega and Edgar Pons. “I am really happy to be here” the CEV Moto2 2019 Champion has started. “And now I’m ready for the new season. I want to try the bike to understand it since I have to get used to the Triumph engine, but it looks good. “Bulega will be on the other side of the garage instead. “I consider myself more of an ignoramus than a thoughtful driver,” he said with a laugh, “who has a lot to prove. I don’t feel finished yet because there is no reason to. The change of landscape was good for me and I am very motivated. “

Many drivers will have a single coach in Manuel Poggiali, again next to Fausto Gresini. “The season seems to be promising in all categories, at least after the first tests. We have very promising and talented guys who are now grown up in the World Cup. We have to get them in the best possible conditions and that’s up to us as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment