Sunday, July 18, 2021

MotoGP, Lorenzo assumes that Quartararo had a psychological influence on Vinales as part of the team

Jorge Lorenzo returned to the track in Misano and did so ProDay, ride a Yamaha R1. The Spaniard is a testimonial for Vmoto Soco, who invited him out on the track that day to once again show his entire crystalline class.

We took the opportunity to interview Jorge, who, as always, impressed us with his uncomplicated and precise way of working. From the present to the future, the decision of Maverick Vinales and the sadly missed opportunity to enter the world of Aprilia.

“I love to ride the Yamaha R1 again at Misano – said Jorge – but I’ve always been a perfectionist while I’m only here today to have fun and not try to go faster or win. All I’ve done in life was to achieve this goal while everything is different now. I only do it to have a great day. “

You seem much more relaxed today, you have a different face.

“Yes, now I smile more. When you play a sport at a very high level, you always have to be very focused and in my case when I’m very focused it almost seems angry, too serious. If I do instead … is fun and I am relaxed, I have a completely different face ”.

You always talked about a 99% pension. Are we still there or are we 100%?

“After so many years of dedication to my sport, I am now experiencing what it means to lead a good life. Eat what I want, sleep as much as I want. If you stop making certain sacrifices, it is really very difficult afterwards to make them again and also to take risks to your health. I’ve done it for thirty years of my life, but now this chapter is closed and I’m thinking about enjoying life that is only one ”.

Lorenzo: “Vinales believes that he can win the World Cup and wants to go a different way. That is good for him”

What do you think of Vinales’ decision to leave Yamaha at the end of the season?

“Maverick gave everything to win with Yamaha but for one reason or another he couldn’t. Having a team-mate like Quartararo lying in front of him on average is certainly not easy to deal with from a psychological point of view and I think it put a lot of strain on him. He certainly believes he is a capable rider to win the championship and he has tried Yamaha for many years. He failed for some reason and now wants to take a different path and he is right to do so. I’ve already done it and I wish him all the best. “

It seemed like you were about to enter Aprilia orbit in early 2021. What happened?

“I was in contact with Rivola, who has been my friend since he was at Ferrari. We talked about it, at the first attempt they offered me to go to them to race while I wanted to try as a test driver. We had negotiations to achieve this collaboration, but they didn’t want to invest as much in order to have a champion like me as a test driver. I would have cost more than other drivers who didn’t win that much, so we didn’t come to an agreement. “

Eight Ducatis will be on the track in 2021. Do you think there are too many

“Ducati will have eight bikes, but in the end the championship has to go on and live. This was obviously the best solution for that. Ducati was available, they have the bikes and the budget so it was the only solution they could find. “

What will Jorge Lorenzo do with his life now?

“Everything went very well in my life, I sacrificed a lot and I thank life for what it has given me. I certainly don’t have to do big things to survive, in fact, I couldn’t do anything. But life is not all about vacation, eating and sleeping, you need goals to achieve them. I want to keep enjoying life that is only one and then maybe be a good entrepreneur for my fortune to try and maybe make it grow. “

No comments:

Post a Comment