Saturday, July 17, 2021

MotoGP, Viñales: A disaster, I don’t know what happened

If Valentino had another reason to celebrate with his third podium in a row in Barcelona, ​​the other Yamaha riders would get stuck in the overall standings. Viñales’ 6th place and Zarco’s 7th place reflect a difficult situation. Maverick in particular cannot find the reason for his troubles: “It was a disaster. I don’t understand what happened” he said.

“I’ve had a lot of problems, especially at the start, and it seems like I’m the only Yamaha rider who has them. I really don’t understand what’s going on – admits the Spaniard – I used to make good starts in the other categories and today I would have made it, it would have been another race. “

It didn’t happen and the results were far from satisfactory.

When I was alone on the track, I was fast and was able to keep a similar pace as Lorenzo and Marquez – he points out – We have to keep working, stay focused and keep calm. “

Even Johann Zarco doesn’t collect much after his last podium place in Jerez.

I put the medium tire on because I thought it could help me today, but it didn’t go that way. Anyway, I think I couldn’t have kept a better pace even with the soft one – the Tech3 rider admitted – At the end of the race it wasn’t that bad, but I also had a bit of bad luck – episodes that interrupted my pace. I also had problems in the final because it was difficult to control the bike. 7th place is a disappointing result at the moment but I think we are on the right track to understand where we are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment