Sunday, September 26, 2021

Miller is undergoing shoulder surgery in Barcelona

MotoGP ™ rookie Jack Miller will be spending the night in hospital on Tuesday following an operation that removed metal screws and a plate from his right shoulder.

The CWM LCR Honda rider suffered the injury for the first time in 2012, but has sustained two additional damages since the first incident. The operation on Tuesday afternoon was performed by Dr. Xavier Mir from the Quiron Dexeus University Hospital in Barcelona.

“We removed the metal plate he had on his broken collarbone that he had had for exactly a year,” explained Dr. Across from motogp.com. “The fracture was fraught with complications because he also injured some ligaments. We have now removed the plate and reconstructed these ligaments.”

“It almost feels like a home away from home!” Miller joked from his hospital bed during an interview. “I definitely feel a little lighter on the right side. Dr. I took out seven screws and two plates.

“I broke my shoulder for the first time in Moto3 ™ in 2012. Then I broke my shoulder again last year in Indianapolis, but I finished the rest of the season. Since it wasn’t fully healed, the plate warped Then I fell during the test in Jerez. ” At the end of last year, pull out the plate and split the bone in two like a piece of wood.

“I had a major surgery last year to put it back together; basically, two screws were put on either side of the bone to fuse it together. This year, because the screws were no longer properly attached to the bone, they never really held in place “So towards the end of this season it got a little looser and I had this fantastic looking knot on top of my shoulder.

“It’s good to be back at 100% now. I’ll take a few days off to let the scar heal and then we’ll be back in 2015.”

Dr. I believe the Australian – who will take the unprecedented move from Moto3 to MotoGP next year – will be back in action in 14 days:

“He already asked me today when he could start motocross training [laughs]! The scar has to be taken into account as it has become a hypertrophic scar, but I think he will be back in motocross in a few weeks. “

The full interview with Jack Miller, sharing the latest from his last MotoGP testing session in Malaysia, will be available on motogp.com this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment