Monday, October 18, 2021

MotoGP: Johann Zarco describes COTA as “one of the most technical tracks of the year” – Roadracing World Magazine

Zarco and Syahrin strive for further fame in Texas

With a terrific first podium in 2018 in his pocket, Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider Johann Zarco is eagerly waiting to cross the Atlantic again and be back on his Yamaha YZR-M1 this weekend at the Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas . Likewise, Hafizh Syahrin, who showed an impressive rookie performance in Argentina a few days ago and finished ninth a few days ago, is eager to start his third MotoGP event of the year, which will be held on Friday at 9:55 a.m. local time with the FP1 begins. However, the race is scheduled to start this Sunday, April 22nd, at 2:00 p.m.

Johann Zarco

Championship: 3rd – Points: 28th

“The Circuit of the Americas is a very nice track, although physically it’s really tough and I think it’s actually one of the most technical tracks of the year because we have 20 corners and it’s not easy to go really fast. But after the nice podium in Argentina I am still very happy about the feeling that I was able to win on the bike and I hope that I can have this great feeling again from the first practice session on Friday in order to prepare the race as well as possible and for a to be able to fight another podium. Why shouldn’t we also think about our first victory? I want to dream of it and live this dream to the maximum. “

Hafizh Syahrin

Championship: 13th – Points: 9th

“I am very satisfied with the results of the first two races and am looking forward to the Grand Prix this weekend. I’m trying to do the same or get better. Before Austin, I prepared myself with some training at Colin Edwards’ boot camp. So my physical condition is good, I’ve improved step by step and I’m more than ready for this third round. I can’t wait to see my team again and I hope that I can give them my best one more time. “

Hervé PONCHARAL

Team manager

“In any case, we left Termas de Río Hondo with an incredibly good and warm feeling, because since the weather and track conditions were so difficult to master, I believe that the team and especially the drivers did an extraordinary job. Johann fought in the top group and finished second, which was his first podium in 2018. He had a really strong race and made us all feel really good. Hafizh also did an exceptional job finishing in the points in the second race in a row, with many fast and more experienced drivers behind him. The few days off we’ve had since then have been just good enough to finally regain those incredible emotions and we’re now ready to race in Austin, Texas, which is a nice track, but also technical and probably one of the toughest tracks the championship. Johann drove a really strong race last year after fighting hard with Cal Crutchlow. We know this is not the easiest track for our machine, but at the moment everything is working fine between the bikes, riders and the team, so we are confident that we can fight in the top group again. The weather seems to be pretty stable, even if Saturday could be a bit difficult. In any case, it means we have enough dry time to properly adjust the bike, which is important. Yamaha always gives us incredible support there, we are part of the family. It’s fantastic to have so many friends and so many people always come to support us logistically and organizationally. This is a GP that we would love to give all of these people a great result. We are ready for that, we love Austin and Texas, the people are always so helpful. It will be another tough mission for Hafizh to discover the track on the MotoGP bike, but he has so much enthusiasm and adrenaline that I’m pretty sure he will be battling for positions similar to Argentina again. We are ready to put on a good show to please American MotoGP fans and especially Yamaha USA who have always been an incredible partner. “

No comments:

Post a Comment