Wednesday, September 15, 2021

MotoGP, Bagnaia: “The victory in Aragón gave me the right energy for Misano”

For Pecco Bagnaia, the first MotoGP victory could not have come at a better time: a few days before the home race (for him and Ducati) in Misano. By breaking the taboo, the Piedmontese has now taken a load off his shoulders and can see the season finale with different eyes.

The gap to Quartararo (53 points) remains large with 5 races remaining in the championship, but Bagnaia is not someone who gives up easily. He’s also very fond of Misano: he trains there a lot with the Panigale and last year he was leading in race two before making a mistake.

“Last Sunday’s GP was only a few days ago, but I’m ready for another race weekend – he said enthusiastically – The win on Sunday in Aragón was incredible and gave me the right energy for our second home race in Misano. My team and I are doing an excellent job and I feel very comfortable on my Desmosedici GP so I am optimistic about this weekend. This is a track that I really like and that I often train on with my Panigale V4 S. I also got my first MotoGP podium here last year! I am very determined and ready to fight for victory again in front of all our fans. “

Miller is also ready to fly the Ducati flag at Misano. He had been competitive in training at Aragon, but lacked something in the race.

“I’m really looking forward to racing again at Misano! – said Jack – It’s our second home race and the atmosphere with our fans in the Ducati grandstand is always incredible. Last Sunday’s GP in Aragon didn’t go as hoped, but in the last few races my feeling at the Desmosedici GP was really positive and that makes me very confident! I am determined to finish our home Grand Prix with a good result! ”

No comments:

Post a Comment