Sunday, September 5, 2021

MotoGP, Bastianini: “VR46 MotoGP? My goal is to continue with Ducati in 2022”

According to the official news of the VR46 MotoGP team from 2022, the search for possible team riders from 2022 is now underway. Enea Bastianini is in the middle of the chat for obvious reasons. The Avintia Racing driver said he had nothing to do with the matter at the moment, but was convinced that he could continue his path in the premier class with Ducati.

“The strategy for this weekend will be to be quick in every session – explained Enea – in Portugal the first laps weren’t the best for me. In the first part of the race I had problems with the new tires, especially the rear wheel. Even the start didn’t go so well for me. I have to work on these areas for the race, but after ten laps I start to be competitive and can finish among the top guys. “

After the news about VR46 in MotoGP, what do you think is your position for the next year?

“I don’t know, it’s hard to say at the moment. VR46 and Gresini are close to Ducati and I don’t know what my position is for the future, we’ll see. I think everything will be clearer in a race or two ”.

Do you think you could have a deal with a more advanced Ducati?

“I do not know. I think I can continue with Ducati even if I don’t know which team. I really like this bike and I think my future lies in it. At the moment I just don’t know ”.

You have a direct contract with Ducati, do you think you can stay loyal to the team even if Valentino is in contact with them next year? Are you worried?

“It’s early, but I’m pretty calm. Of course, I’ll be evaluating other options, but the goal is to continue with Ducati.

What do you think of Jerez? Is it a cheap route?

“It’s a special track where it’s difficult to make a difference, you really have to be in good shape. Last year I had my first race in Moto2 where I couldn’t shine, while in the second I had a lead. I think we have to see everything and do a good job. Qualifying will be difficult, doing well means being halfway through. “

No comments:

Post a Comment