Saturday, September 4, 2021

MotoGP, Zarco: “The KTM is much worse than I expected”

Today was a rude awakening for Johann Zarco when he continued to deal with the KTM. The twentieth position only tells half the story, there two falls made the Frenchman’s job visibly difficult as he tried to find the right level of self-confidence. He was already aware of the long way to go, which has only been confirmed today.

“What can I say? It’s a lot worse than I expected – Johann starts- I was hoping to improve my lap times, but I didn’t succeed. As for my trust I found better bike control but not the speed I need. I am disappointed with today’s result, too bad i fell twice but don’t think i hurt myself And that’s important if we want to continue to understand the bike’s weak points. “

Rider # 5 goes into the details …

“My main problem is still cornering, I can’t feel the tire the way I want, especially when braking, We have to work on it to somehow improve. I’m sorry for the crashes that prevented me from going faster. After the first fall, I kept pushing because I think that’s the best way to find the limit. “

Johann doesn’t exclude anything from his analysis, not even his driving style.

“I’m still working on my driving style, maybe it has to change in terms of the wheel, I am thinking about it and will continue to do so. What was definitely a strength with the Yamaha must also be one with other motorcycles, I followed Marc and I could see how strong he is at the start, and not only because of his talent, which is probably greater than other riders, but also because the bike allows him. We improved the sensations and I can ride the bike, but we don’t have the speed. “

One thing that won’t change is his way of working.

“I didn’t have to change the way I work. To be on a factory team means to have a lot of people around, but the work is the same, i feel whether i have problems or not and try to explain them in detail to those around me. My job doesn’t change and a works team can work better on the details. Espargarò? We didn’t talk, we will be able to do that in Jerez. “

No comments:

Post a Comment