Monday, November 1, 2021

MotoGP, Bagnaia: “It’s okay that I’m not one of the favorites, we’ll talk about it again after the 1st GP”

There is still one final day of testing for Pecco Bagnaia, the next time he sees the track in Qatar it will be for the race. The Ducati rider is satisfied with his first test with the factory team’s red bike, even if he doesn’t want to get too upset about it.

“We did a great job – was his summary – I felt good on the bike right from the start, was very competitive in the racing simulation, while I have to take another step forward over one lap if I am in the first two wants to start ranks. I think that at the moment I can fight for the top 5 in the race. “

Aren’t you a little too careful?

“I ended last season with some difficulty so I don’t want to think of higher goals.”

Will Miller face the higher expectations?

“Maybe he’s feeling more pressure because of his results last season, I don’t know. But in the team they don’t make me feel like number 2, the treatment is identical.

Don’t you mind that other drivers don’t count you among their favorites?

“I didn’t finish a race in the last part of last season, it’s okay that they don’t count me among their favorites, it’s right, we’ll talk about it after the first race. Finally, I also consider the Yamaha riders or Mir more than Aleix Espargarò, who was quick in this test, in the end you know who is strong and who can do a real job. “

Last year the biggest surprise was Me, who will it be this year?

“I hope to be as competitive as Joan all season, but there are a lot of drivers who are fast. Here in Qatar there are Jack and I, the Yamaha and Suzuki drivers, but also Aleix, Pol is not far away and Zarco has set good times. It’s hard to tell at the moment who’s the favorite, certainly we Ducati riders seem to have an advantage thanks to our top speed, but in the end a lot of riders are in 2 tenths if you look at the pace.

How do you feel in front of the family doctor?

“I am more confident than a year ago, I have more self-confidence with the bike, even if I was still fast, because I can do everything easier. Compared to last season’s tests, I’ve improved both my pace and my one lap by a second. I’ve never felt so comfortable on the Ducati. “

You used to struggle to get the tires up to temperature immediately, how does it look now?

“I’ve worked on this aspect all winter, with different types of bikes. In the tests I was quick on the lap out of the pits, yesterday in the race simulation I set the fastest time on my first lap and it’s important for me “.

How is the new disguise?

“It doesn’t make a big difference on the straights, but it helps when entering bends, it makes it easier for the bike to break in. We’ll have to see if it helps us on tracks with less fast corners.

The vaccination of the paddock staff started today, did you participate?

“We are very lucky to have this opportunity, in Italy we would have had to wait much longer. It is something that is very close to my heart, I am happy and I feel happy ”.

No comments:

Post a Comment