Saturday, December 25, 2021

Ducati can dominate with the MotoGP motorcycle in 2022

Ducati retained the 2021 constructors’ championship with seven wins from three of its factory-supported riders.

Miller won twice at Jerez and Le Mans, while works Ducati team-mate Francesco Bagnaia took four wins and Pramac rookie Jorge Martin celebrated his first victory at the Styrian Grand Prix.

Bagnaia – who finished second overall in 2021 – said at the test in Jerez last month that Ducati already has a “perfect” motorcycle that it could improve on with its latest prototype.

When asked if Ducati could dominate next year with their new bike, Miller replied: “I think so.

“I think I already ironed the kinks out of the GP20 last year with the GP21, which was pretty much the same bike.

“We could be very dominant towards the end of last season – not especially me, but also with Pecco and other guys, and we could be there most weekends.

“I think we will definitely make improvements, we have a good chance of it [dominating next year]. “

Ducati MotoGP bike

Ducati MotoGP bike

Photo by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images

Bagnaia says Ducati has “done an enormous amount of work this year” to refine the package, with the development freeze enforced by COVID for 2021 working in its favor.

“I think we still had a year to concentrate more or less on the same bike and it was better for me because I understood how to ride it better without any changes,” explained the Italian.

“Compared to my bike last year, I’ve definitely had a lot of changes.

“But when I started the season I felt great and started to work with it.

“And I think it’s the same for Jack, we’ve worked a lot and now we’re doing different things on the same bike because we’re stronger when braking, stronger when turning.

“I think we’ve done a really great job this year and it’s also better for the engineers who have to develop the bike next year.

“So we did a tremendous job this year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment