Monday, December 13, 2021

Joan Mir facing the second podium in a row at Misano

The MotoGP title renewal may be practically a mirage for Joan Mir, but the truth is that the Team Suzuki Ecstar rider is currently in a particularly positive phase of his season – finishing third at the Aragon GP and securing last his third podium five laps.

The rider, who is third in the championship, hopes to keep the momentum at the San Marino GP this weekend, as he said in a statement recalling the importance of Misano to his 2020 title fight:

– Last year at the double headers in Misano I kept my title fight on course with a third and a second place, so of course I have fond memories of that time. It’s a tricky track with lots of tight corners and it usually produces exciting races with lots of fast drivers. Last weekend in Aragón I was on the podium and although I felt I had more potential than third, I am happy that I got decent points and it was a good feeling to celebrate with my team. We will push again this weekend in Misano.

No comments:

Post a Comment