Tuesday, December 7, 2021

MotoGP, Zarco without fuel: pushes the motorcycle to the finish line

One of the greatest pictures from the Misano GP (from a sporting point of view) was the one showing Zarco pushing his Yamaha towards the finish line.

“I had Redding close, in the last lap everything was ready for the attack – says the Tech3 Frenchman – Unfortunately I ran out of fuel 5 revs before the end and it was a real shame. I made it to the last corner and then my M1 stopped. “

However, Johann did not give up. He grabbed the handlebars and prepared for the final sprint, perhaps the most grueling part of his entire race.

“I’ve pushed the motorcycle the whole straight and I’m very long – he continued – Some drivers passed me and it was a shame, but I wanted to make it to the finish because that’s my way of driving. I finished 15th, which is just a point, but better than nothing. “

The closing order didn’t reward Zarco for his efforts, but perhaps the applause from the crowd made it a little less bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment