Saturday, August 28, 2021

MotoGP, Bagnaia is convinced that the Dupasquier tragedy can be accepted but not forgotten

The words of Pecco Bagnaia last Sunday in Mugello sparked a lot of controversy that was not always pleasant for him. The Ducati rider had made it clear that he would have preferred not to race, and many people on social media also accused him of making excuses for his mistake.

“Everything I say now is being misinterpreted, I know I’m torn enough already – explained the Italian in Barcelona – Unfortunately the people at home can’t understand our situation, I mean the crash happened because I wasn’t focused. People can think what they want, but I was on my bike and made a stupid and mundane mistake that I would never have made in a normal situation. At Arrabbiata 2 I never hit the curb all weekend, it was a mistake because of a lack of concentration and a lack of composure. Unfortunately, I have read some very bad things about myself, I think that it was not good to forget such a misfortune.

The days at home were useful for Pecco to regain his serenity …

“I tried to accept what happened and it wasn’t easy – he went on – In the end, you think that this is our passion and that Dupasquier had the same dream, but such a tragedy cannot be forgotten. I think all drivers will be racing for Jason again this weekend and we will do so in the coming seasons.

In a way, it helps to be able to focus on another breed. To do this, Bagnaia first spoke about Mugello …

“I usually look back at all the sessions on Mondays, but this time I haven’t – he said – Anyway, I had a pace that was similar to Quartararo’s, I was probably competitive with used tires. I was the only Ducati rider who could fight for victory. I want to start from there and catch up on Fabio ”.

Who breaks in the overall standings …

“He’s a great opponent, he’s strong and consistent and has found his dimension in the official Yamaha team – Top value confirmed – I can no longer afford to lose points from him, I’m more than a race behind and already had a zero, I can’t make any more mistakes. From this GP I will try to stay ahead of him.

Bagnaia has already paid tribute to the work on Turn 10, which has returned to a design that resembles the past after motorcycles used the version intended for Formula 1 for a few years.

“Since they changed it, that’s where I started fighting – he remembers – it’s better in this new version, smoother at the entrance, and also not as dangerous before there were a lot of falls.”

No comments:

Post a Comment