Tuesday, August 24, 2021

SBK, Rea on Petronas: “MotoGP is an opportunity, but I know as much as you do.”

Johnny Rea was the fastest in Assen on Friday, but the main topic of the day is the market news related to Petronas’ interest in cannibals. The six-time world champion was put under pressure several times on this issue: “My contract with Kawasaki? I can’t talk about that. It’s a race weekend and my thoughts are on this lap. “

Rea then tried to take a stand, even if Friday was exactly the hot topic.
I am surprised by the Petronas rumors. I heard them like all of you. Personally, I think that I am at the best moment of my career and that MotoGP could be an opportunity as always. So never say never. “

Then he talked about Gerloff and Toprak, who will remain in the SBK.
I was surprised by her decision to stay with the SBK. You are two strong drivers. I can not say more. “

The MotoGP market discussion ends here, also because Johnny prefers not to talk about the topic anymore, as his thoughts are solely on aces.
“I think important paving work has been done, so much so that the holes have been reduced. Personally, I think Assen is a completely different track than the one we have raced on so far. It’s fast, smooth and I can be aggressive and I have to say the bike does very well. I think I did a good job and the feelings are positive, especially about the race pace after what we did in the afternoon. “

The last thing he brought up was Donington weekend.
“The last race was something special. Race one was a lottery. In the second race I felt strong, but in the end I crashed. But I was confident. I was actually strong, but then there was this mistake that compromised our work.

Audio, credits from Motorsport-total.com

No comments:

Post a Comment