Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Johann Zarco: MotoGP: Despite the failed fitness test, Johann Zarco still hopes for GP Styria | Race news

MotoGP rider Johann Zarco will miss Friday practice at the Styrian Grand Prix in Austria after failing a fitness test a day after surgery for a broken wrist, but the Frenchman still hopes to start on Sunday.
The Avintia Ducati rider was injured in a serious fall at the Red Bull Ring last weekend and had an operation on his right wrist on Wednesday.
“The operation went well … I’m waiting, but the feeling is getting better by the hour and I will have a medical exam 48 hours after the operation,” Zarco told reporters on Thursday.
“That means I won’t be able to ride on Friday, but I have a good chance of riding on Saturday if they’ll declare me fit.”
Petronas Yamaha’s Zarco and Franco Morbidelli were called to a stewards meeting at the track on Thursday to discuss the accident on Sunday.
Some rivals have blamed the French for taking an unusual line while braking at turn three, but he has denied making a deliberate move.
“I hope we have a ‘racing incident’ declared because I don’t think I did anything crazy or wrong,” said Zarco.
Morbidelli said the pictures of Italian grandmaster Valentino Rossi lucky enough to avoid serious injuries as the motorcycles flew through the air spoke for themselves.
The Italian, who called Zarco a “half killer” after the race, apologized for his language but still expected the Frenchman to be punished.
“I apologized for what I said after the race. It was a strong statement,” he said.
“When I look back at the accident, I have the same feelings and sensations as last week, but I have to apologize for the name I gave Johann because I cannot clearly state his intention,” he said.
“We all make mistakes, we all do stupid things and I think Johann’s move was a pretty crazy and stupid move, but it can still be a mistake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment