Thursday, August 5, 2021

MotoGP, Zarco: “It will not be necessary to revolutionize the motorcycle in the tests, I am already competitive”

Started from sixth on the grid, Johann Zarco crossed the finish line in eighth place. Although he did not play a major role in the battle for the top spots, the Frenchman made it through the race to the best of his ability, with the aim of making up ground for the championship after clearing Portimão.

Today I got eight points “began Johann. “After the fall in Portimão, it was really important for me to keep advancing in the championship, so I’m happy about that. To do this was my main goal. I am very happy with the Ducati. There is potential and I was able to use it, even if not in all laps. The pace of the race was pretty good, but I had some problems feeling comfortable on the bike and it was a bit difficult towards the end of the race. “

What do you think of the Ducati’s performance?
“The positions that I lost at the beginning of the race lost me a bit of time. But I am satisfied with the result of the Ducatis. It confirms that my feelings about the motorcycle’s potential were correct. I have to adapt my style to the bike so I can be more competitive. There are tests tomorrow and I will prepare as best as possible for the Le Mans race. Everything I’ve learned this weekend will be useful for the races to come. “

Do you already have plans for tomorrow? Are you going to try something new?
Yes, we need to do some tests on the suspensions because I have certain feelings. That is also the reason why I have difficulties on some laps. There will be work to be done. We don’t have to revolutionize the bicycle. I am already competitive. We just have to find something that will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment