Friday, August 6, 2021

Styria MotoGP: Vinales: Yamaha is a great team, but not for me at the moment | MotoGP

Maverick Vinales remains focused on getting the best possible results with Yamaha in the final nine MotoGP races of 2021 before likely moving to Aprilia.

Crash MotoGP Podcast – Click here to hear Keith Huewen, Harry Benjamin and our own Pete McLaren talk about MotoGP

Vinales and Yamaha decided to part ways over the Dutch Grand Prix weekend, a surprising decision as the Spaniard’s deal was not due to end until after the 2022 season.

But although tensions have been high over the course of the season – despite a victory in Qatar, the Spaniard is keen to end the five years of ups and downs with the Japanese manufacturer on a high.

During the press conference before the event, the 27-year-old spoke about his “really difficult situation” and apologized to the fans “for my attitude”.

Related articles

“The summer break was fantastic! We achieved a good result (Assen), that’s important, so I’m really enjoying the summer.

“We come here with a lot of motivation and in the end I would of course like to take the chance to apologize to the fans because my attitude is sometimes not the best. But you know, I’m dealing with a new situation that is difficult.

Related articles

“I am very frustrated so sometimes I am not good at communication, but I am learning and trying to improve.

“I’m trying to give more information about what’s going on. Yamaha are a great team, but not for me right now.”

For one reason or another, Vinales has been very hot and cold this season, often lamenting the fact that he can suddenly be extremely fast or completely the opposite without understanding why.

“We didn’t have enough capacity to perform at my best and I think the most important thing right now is to focus,” added Vinales.

“I am definitely very motivated and will give my maximum. There is no doubt that I will give my maximum in every race and every lap.

“I’m concentrating on that about my future right now, but that’s all I can say because I’m concentrating on this race.”

No comments:

Post a Comment